Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cover Letter Tutorials

The college grad cover letter tutorials are very helpful. They clearly indicate what is expected and not expected in a cover letter. I would have to say that in general I agree with all the advice that is given in the tutorials. Each tutorial gives a different perspective on a cover letter. There were not any specific points that I disagreed with in the tutorials. The most useful tutorials for me personally was the sample cover letter and the cover letter checklist. The sample cover letter indicated how it should be formatted and how it should be written. The checklist helped inform what was expected in the cover letter. I will definitely tailor my cover letter towards the grad program that I will be interviewing for. I think that this piece of advice was most helpful in preparing for my interview otherwise I would not have known to be specific towards the position or company. These tutorials will be helpful for future resume builders.

No comments: