Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Riverside C-Team Baseball

I am currently the Assistant Head Baseball Coach at Riverside Middle School. Riverside is Pendleton's middle school. I enjoy coaching at the best school in the State. I only say that because Riverside won the Carolina First Palmetto's Finest Award. Anyways back to the baseball team. This is currently my second year as an assistant for Riverside and I am really excited about this year's team. We are currently 10-1 and on a 10 game winning streak. The team consists of 11 eighth graders and 7 seventh graders. We are well balanced and play solid defense. One reason that we are doing so well is our ability to when close games. Last year we couldn't buy a win in a close game. We have won three 1-run games and won one 2-run game. Last year we lost four 1-run games and one 2-run game. Our only loss this year came at the hands of Greenwood in a 7-5 decision. Obviously we haven't lost since. I am excited to coach these boys because baseball is my favorite sport and I hope to some day coach college baseball. I know that is a lofty goal, but it is a goal nonetheless. We are one win away from matching our total from last year (11-7) and I hope we can surpass it this year. We certainly are in a good position to do so. The team is currently on Spring Break this week so I will have to wait until next week to get back to what I enjoy most, coaching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great that you are able to do something you enjoy while going to school! My daughter is playing softball for the first time this year and hit a homer in her first starting game recently. So, I'm suddenly a baseball/softball fan like never before, lol! =o)